Specialist Nurse - Infection Prevention and Control
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Priory and Edgbaston Hospitals in Birmingham have a vacancy for a Specialist Nurse-Infection Prevention and Control to join their team of staff.
Please note: this is a part time post covering 22.5 hours per week.
Duties will include (but not be restricted to):
- To ensure risks of infection are identified throughout all hospital departments and disciplines and risk assessments are in place reflecting controls that are reviewed at least annually and as otherwise indicated.
- To ensure all staff have appropriate infection prevention and control training using a combination of online and face to face training.
- To implement and oversee a surveillance program.
- To identify patient information requirements and ensure these are met at local level.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Nurse.
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent).
- Experience working in IPC.
- Able to apply specialist knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls.
- Ability to provide leadership and development of all disciplines of staff.
- Ability to work across disciplines.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Motivational skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Experience in dealing with staff regarding clinical issues.
- Ability to manage difficult and complex situations.
- Ability to provide or/and support staff in feedback of microbiological results.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch following the closing date.