Mental Health Advisor - Glasgow, Lincolnshire & Rutland
Exciting Job Opportunities for RMN, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist
Do you want to see the effects of your work and assist with tackling the negative effects of unemployment? Do you want the autonomy to manage your own caseload and practice? Do you want to work for the UK’s leading provider of government-funded employment services?
Since 2002, Ingeus has assisted over 150,000 unemployed people into work. In 2011, the Government launched a nationwide initiative to help more people into lasting employment, called the Work Programme. Ingeus delivers nearly a quarter of all Work Programme contracts in the UK and are recruiting for registered Mental Health Professionals, to join our in-house team of physical and mental health specialists.
You will be expected to show flexibility in travelling to other operations in your delivery area, as well as to employer sites to provide in-work support as required. Normal working hours are 9am to 5.30pm, with an hour for lunch.
Overview of role:
- Conduct bio-psychosocial assessments via face-to-face and telephone-based interventions
- Deliver specific health programmes (such as Anxiety Management), psycho-educational workshops (such as Coping Strategies), and/ or weekly group classes, as well as possible wellbeing/ lifestyle groups
- Support each client to produce a tailored action plan that focuses on improving their health and returning to work
- Provide return-to-work guidance and offer in-work support as required As a Mental Health Advisor on the Work Programme, you will be expected to:
- Build relationships with key stakeholders including GP’s, employers and relevant NHS bodies
- Identify and build relationships with other organisations that contribute to the successful delivery of the programme
- Have involvement with workshops and the service delivery model for your Work Programme area
- Offer support and guidance to Health and Wellbeing Facilitators, working as part of the Health and Wellbeing Services
As a Mental Health Advisor you will also:
- Work with individuals on a one-to-one basis and in groups to provide support on primarily mild to moderate mental health conditions
- Educate clients on their health condition and using short term evidence based interventions assist them to better manage their health
- Offer return-to-work advice and guidance for both clients and Employment Advisors and provide clients with practical techniques that enable them to manage their conditions on a long-term basis once in work
- Support each client to produce a tailored action plan that focuses on return to work and assist as many clients into lasting employment as possible
- Assess and discuss in-work support which may involve liaison with employers or specific workplace visits, where appropriate
- Refer clients to relevant external health or specialist services as required.
The successful candidate will have current and full registration with one of the following bodies: Health and Care Professions Council, or an equivalent UK professional body (such as BABCP or BACP). Candidates will have a good understanding of psychological evidence-based theories such as CBT and Motivational Interviewing and proven ability to demonstrate their application.
Applicants will have both passion and an interest in empowering clients to effectively manage their mental health conditions. Qualified & registered candidates at the initial stages of their career are encouraged to apply.
Ingeus offers extensive CPD support with respect to the following:
- Annual Personal Development Reviews
- Clinical supervision
- Peer review
- Best practice sharing
- Thorough induction and onward Learning and Development opportunities, internally and externally
- Three days study leave
Your application should demonstrate how you have the attributes to deliver the above requirements, as well as demonstrate the following:
- Any experience of Condition Management, Occupational Health or working with harder to help client groups
- Evidence of your understanding of welfare-to-work and the issues that unemployed people face, including the negative effects of unemployment.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role by. All positions are subject to PVG checks and evidence of registration & qualifications.