This job is no longer available
Community Mental Health Nurse Band 6
Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurses - Temporary job in the MOD available
Hays urgently require a Community Mental Health Nurse practising at band 6 level for the Dept of Community Mental Health Facility at Colchester Garrison 6947
The CMHN must have up to date and full immunities, basic life support and manual handling mandatory training, current enhanced Disclosure and barring Service Check, along with NMC and RCN/similar membership
HOURS OF WORK: Mon-Fri 0830-1630 (30mins unpaid lunch) Assignment is asap until August, with potential for the position to be extended.
The RN (MH) must have a minimum of two year community mental health nursing experience.
Examples of work performed:
1. Provide visiting occupational mental health liaison clinics at medical centres in DCMH catchment area as allocated and liaise as appropriate with SMOs, referring doctors, other CMHNs and welfare personnel in order to co-ordinate patient care pathways, bearing in mind not only the needs of the patient, but also the requirements of the Service. Ensuring that the quality and delivery of community mental health care is in accord with departmental protocols and NICE guidelines
2.a. Take responsibility for units designated their Area of Responsibility (AOR) by and take all new referrals from units within AOR, considered within levels of clinicians competence.
b. Dictate/write medical reports within 1 week on assessment, as per DCMH and NMC guidelines.
3. Support in all aspects of Health Promotion projects, as directed by the Nursing Officer DCMH, is to be given in support of the Mission Statement of DCMH
4. Maintain accurate client files, following military and national guidelines guidelines.
5. To participate in all aspects of clinical governance as directed by the Senior Nursing Officer.
6. The CMHN is to:
Be willing to train to become authorised in use of Defence Medical Information Capability Programme (DMICP).
REQUIREMENTS FOR POST
Mandatory: Be a Registered Nurse on either part 3 or part 13 of the NMC Register.
1. SLiAP (Formally known as Preparation for Mentorship)/ ENB 998.
2. Secondary Clinical Qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)/ Trauma Focused CBT
3. Clean UK driving licence. (Where the employment of a locum does not involve direct travelling then an individual with the required experience without a driving licence will be considered)
4. Computers Skills
Desirable: BSc Nursing
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (Level 1)
CMHN is responsible for providing outpatient CMHN service within their area of responsibility(AOR),organising therapeutic,educational,training & mental health promotion regimes in collaboration MH team at DCMH
If you are available for the duration of this assignment and you have the skills and attributes as mentioned above, please apply for this position by sending your cv to the Hays expert dealing with this role.