A brand new, purpose built centre catering for weaning and long term ventilated patients is seeking Band 6 nurses to join their newly established team.
This well known international healthcare group within the UK provides outstanding services associated with medical gases, respiratory equipment and related services for healthcare professionals. They have developed a brand new centre which is in partnership with the Lane Fox Respiratory Unit at St Thomas` Hospital. Due to this partnership, NHS patients are able to receive clinical expertise in the treatment of chronic respiratory failure and in weaning` patients who are dependent on invasive mechanical ventilation, enabling patients to return home.
This brand new centre is currently being built and will be based in Redhill, Surrey. The Redhill area is in the lovely county of Surrey with only an approximate travel time of 30 minutes to/from central London.
This unit will help those patients with chronic respiratory failure from neuromuscular diseases, respiratory illness or post-surgical intervention. The unit also aims to be relaxing for both patients and visitors and patient and family support is of the highest priority with training programmes for carers to enable those requiring invasive tracheostomy ventilation to return home.
The successful candidate will adhere to the centres values:
- Put patients first
- Take pride in what they do
- Strive to be the best
- Act with integrity
- Respect others
- Level 1 Adult Registered Nurse with NMC registration
- BSc/1st degree or equivalent qualification/training and experience
- Completion of a HDU or ITU course
- Mentorship/Teaching qualification
- Previous post registration experience within critical care and/or respiratory care (providing services for acute and chronic NIV patients and patients requiring tracheostomy care)
- Experience d and competent in the management of ventilated patients
- Experience of teaching/assessing/supervising others in a clinical setting
- Supervision of junior staff
- Experience of co-ordinating a shift
- Able and willing to work flexible shift patterns, internal rotation to day and night duty and unsocial hours, according to service needs
- Highly competitive including basic salary and unsocial hour payments
- Yearly salary review
- Defined Contribution pension with up to 10% Employer contribution
- Access to Benefits of Choice` a corporate scheme which offers access to hundreds of retailer discounts including, Sainsbury`s, M&S, ASDA, Expedia and lastminute.com
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle to work
- Registered nurses eligible for private medical insurance
- Reimbursement of NMC membership fee
- Training with their NHS partner, Guys and St Thomas` NHS Trust
- Life Cover equal to 4 times annual basic salary
If you have any friends or colleagues who are also looking for work and meet the requirements for the role then why don't you all apply today!
Please do not hesitate to contact Sian Dodunski for further information on 0207 861 8950 ext 1547 or email me by clicking on the link below
HCL Permanent London