This job is no longer available
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s London Independent Hospital in Stepney Green, London - has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Critical Care/ITU Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week and will involve participating on an on-call rota.
To be considered for this post, it is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Qualified RGN
- Current NMC registration
- Experience of and competence in delivering Critical Care/ ITU nursing care
- Knowledge of Critical Care/ ITU Nursing issues
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and empathetic nature
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Decision making skills
Working in an ITU with 6 beds - the purpose of this role is to provide an excellent standard of nursing care according to agreed standards. The workload approximately consists of 30% cardiac cases and 70% general cases.
Duties of this role include:
- One to one nursing care of patients
- Coordinating the delivery of care across the multi-disciplinary team
- Promoting and providing a therapeutic environment for the patients, relatives and staff
- Being aware of impending signs and symptoms that requires immediate attention
- Handling complaints from patients, family, staff, and consultants in a reflective manner
- Assisting and guiding new staff, agency staff, bank staff and students.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.