Ophthalmic Specialist Nurse - Outpatients
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 65 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Garden Hospital in Hendon, has a vacancy for an experienced Specialist Nurse to join our team within the Ophthalmic Outpatients Department. This is a full-time post, for 37.5 hours per week.
The Ophthalmology department delivers a wide range of treatments, from Cataric and Ptosis Surgery to Excimer Laser Surgery and Advanced Laser Vision Correction.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
It is essential that applicants have:-
- NMC Registered Nurse Part 1, BSc / Diploma/ equivalent
- Post Basic Qualification in Ophthalmology (ENB 346) or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team working abilities
- Attention to detail
- Organisation and planning skills
Duties of this role include:
- Working autonomously - providing care for patients accessing the Community Ophthalmic Service, using specialist knowledge and skills.
- Providing high quality patient focused in partnership with the Ophthalmic Clinicians.
- Providing support - acting as a resource to staff of all levels; and develop nursing practice in the delivery of care to ophthalmic patients.
- Taking an active role in the development of ophthalmic treatment in the Community and working closely with clinicians.
Taking an active role in the promotion of the eye clinic within the Community, and improve and develop relationships with staff.
Please see the attached role profile for further information on the accountabilities and responsibilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.