This job is no longer available
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 65 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Garden Hospital in Hendon, has a vacancy for an experienced Lead Nurse to join our team within the Ophthalmic Outpatients Department. This is a full-time post, for 37.5 hours per week.
The Ophthalmology department delivers a wide range of treatments, from Cataric and Ptosis Surgery to Excimer Laser Surgery and Advanced Laser Vision Correction.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Qualified RGN with current NMC registration
- Experience within Ophthalmology services and competence across a wide range of Ophthalmic Nursing skills
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Duties of this role include:
- Leading a team of staff including Registered Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Administrators to assist in the smooth operation of the department.
- Promoting, delivering and maintaining high standards of nursing care, meeting the needs of patients, Consultants and team members.
- Promoting and safeguarding the well being and interests of patients, relatives and visitors.
- Running Clinics on a daily basis.
- Providing support, acting as a Resource to staff throughout the department.
- Assisting in the development of nursing practice in the delivery of care to Ophthalmic patients through innovative strategies.
Please see the attached role profile for further information on the accountabilities and responsibilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.