Head of Risk and Patient Safety
HMC, an aspiring Academic Health Science Centre, is a large and complex international healthcare organisation, employing c16,000 clinical staff across seven hospitals. Women’s Hospital provides complete women’s care from obstetrics and high-risk births to gynaecological services. Annually, more than 17,000 babies are born at Women’s Hospital.
The successful postholder will:
- Embed a proactive approach to patient safety and risk management
- Investigate adverse events, lead risk analyses and ensure feedback from events through to leading implementation of action plans
- Lead process analysis to identify potential improvements in patient safety
- Promote and support the use of proactive tools such as FMEA to better understand opportunities to improve
- Apply learning to support improvement in process reliability
- Alignment with team coaches to ensure focused delivery of improvement
- Support measurement for Best Care Always
- Ensure measurement to allow learning from events and potential events
We welcome formal applications as well as informal and confidential enquiries. Please do not hesitate to contact Carley Murray on 01730 266208.
For more information please visit our website for a Candidate Information Pack, and to apply for this role, please click on the "Apply now" button.