Lead Nurse Manager - Medicine
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill hospital in Harrow, Middlesex has a vacancy for a Lead Nurse Manager - Medicine/ International to join their team of staff.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Must hold a professional clinical qualification in nursing
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality management tools
- Knowledge of Human Resource policies, tools and techniques, including interviewing, conducting performance reviews, performance coaching and formal HR processes e.g. disciplinary
- General clinical experience in an acute setting
- Experience of managerial responsibility for a department (in an acute setting)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
It would be beneficial for applicants to possess a management qualification too.
Duties of this role include:
- Provide leadership and direction for the ward managers aligned to the BMI Nursing strategy and The Alexandra Nursing strategy led by the Director of Clinical Services.
- Co-ordinate and maintain the delivery of safe clinical quality and care standards in BMI The Alexandra Hospital aligned to The Alexandra Clinical Governance program led by the Director of Clinical Services.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks within departments.
- Collaborate with the lead managers and sisters in each area on services supporting the The Alexandra business plan.
- Represent relevant wards on the Hospital Management Committee
- To deputise for the Director of Clinical Services as required.
- To manage 3rd party service providers where appropriate.
- Liaise with consultants as required to enhance business development, clinical care and service feedback.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to senior sisters.
- Provide operational advice and support in lead role within surgery, including ICU / Cardiac, and day surgery, over a six day rota covering 7am to 8pm approximately - in tandem with Medical Lead role for the hospital.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.