About Facility and Benefits:
This hospital is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it`s no surprise they attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The 9 bed general ITU is split over two floors and was refurbished in 2012. The department deals with general surgery, cardiac surgery, neurology surgery, oncology patients and other emergency patients that require critical care.
As part of the ITU team the successful applicant will have access to all of the hospitals fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London`s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service. They will also have access to the well priced and high quality food range available within the staff restaurant.
To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of critical care nursing. To work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Sisters in their absence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The assessment, planning and delivery of high quality patient care as part of a multi disciplinary team, delegating tasks as appropriate
- To have an understanding of staff management
- To promote a learning environment
- To communicate with patients and their families and the team on care decisions
- To guide junior staff and take overall responsibility for the assessment of patients and delivery of care plans by utilization of advanced skills
- As shift leader monitors the care of a group of patients and takes the lead in emergency situations, and evaluation of post emergency care situations
- To guide and support junior staff on dealing with complaints and clinical incidents
- To contributes to and conducts performance reviews and monitors staff performance on a day to day basis
Skills & Experience:
- NMC registered General Nurse
- First line management course
- Advanced respiratory ventilation, cardiovascular and renal care
- Experience of working in ITU or Critical care
- Cardiothoracic, general or neuro experience in an ITU environment
- Critical care course
About the Individual:
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills to liaise with consultants, RMOs, and family members and have the ability to lead junior members of the team. You will have the ability to deal with emergency situations and the ability to work independently.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information on 0207 861 8950 ext 1553 or email me by clicking on the link below
HCL Permanent London