This job is no longer available
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Southend Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Day Surgery/ Outpatients Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week and will involve participating on an on-call rota. Shifts operate between 0800 - 2000 Monday to Friday.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that applicants have the following:
- Qualified RGN with current NMC registration
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Theatre/DSU experience
- Able to manage difficult situations
- Good IT skills
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Methodical and numerate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
Duties of this role include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care
- Creating and maintaining legible and accurate records of care
- Assisting in the positioning and preparation of patients as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory
- Preparing patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery
- Providing assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery
- Providing immediate post-operative care
- Providing initial emergency care as required
Please see the attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.