About Facility and Benefits:
Known the world over for its clinical excellence, This the only private hospital in London entirely dedicated to women and children. They`re proud to have developed a reputation as one of the world`s leading providers of private healthcare, specialising in Obstetrics (Maternity), Women's Health and Paediatrics. The Paediatric department has been consistently growing over the past few years, almost doubling since 2008. They have 45 inpatient beds + 11 day case and are equipped with the latest technology to provide advanced medical and surgical care, including a Paediatric Intensive Care Unit which reflects the acuity of the children who are admitted to their hospital. The ratios for care on the wards are 4:1 Patients:Nurses during the day and 3:1 overnight unless patients require 1:1 care.
To be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children on the post surgical and general medical ward. Minimum of 8 shifts per month. Part time, flexible working and bank positions are also available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To plan and provide an exceptional level of patient care, including administering drugs through intravenous routes
- To act as a role model for nursing
- To support students and junior nurses in their professional development, creating a supportive atmosphere for learning
- To teach parents the clinical skills they need to care for their child
- To ensure that all patient records are accurate and within the required time frames
Skills & Experience:
- NMC Registered with a valid RN1/RNA and/or RN8/RNC (or equivalent)
- Basic/Intermediate Paediatric Life Support
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- IV and gastronomy competent
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues
- Experience working as a children`s nurse - Trachy trained
About the Individual:
The successful candidate will be committed to providing exceptional patient centered care demonstrating an understanding of cross cultural differences. They will work well in a team, showing respect, sharing information and supporting others as well as using their own initiative. Strong time management skills and a professional approach to work are key.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information on 0207 861 8950 ext 1553 or email me by clicking on the link below
HCL Permanent London