I am currently looking for a Band 7 Infection Control Nurse to work in a well-known specialist NHS Hospital based in Central London.
My client provides a high quality specialist service to its patients, and is recognised for being one of the world's leading research centres for children.
The successful candidate will be need to be confident and have significant experience in infection control, including experience in clinical leadership and effective team management.
- To minimize the risk of healthcare associated infection by ensuring high standards of environmental cleanliness and maintenance
- Ensuring compliance to evidence-based clinical practice procedures
- Ensuring an efficient infection prevention occupational health service is managed
- Participating and supporting regional and national approaches to the control of infectious diseases and health care associated infections
- Teaching, training and delivery of educational programmes
- As the lead in Infection Prevention and Control , set quality assurance standards in infection prevention and control in the health care of children and young people.
- Ensure a fully integrated infection prevention and control approach is implemented within the hospital
- RN with current NMC registration
- Relevant Masters degree or equivalent
- ENB 329 Diploma in infection control or equivalent
- Teaching qualification ENB 998 / City and Guilds 730 or equivalent
- Research Awareness ENB 870 or equivalent
- Expert practitioner in all aspects of infection prevention and control
- Demonstrable experience in infection control in an acute hospital setting
- 27 days holiday per year, including bank / public holidays
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours
- Eligibility to join the NHS Pension Scheme
- Access to occupational health services
- Good pay progression based on application of knowledge and skills
If this position interests you, please contact Shakira Adegoke at HCL Permanent on 020 7861 8777 (ext. 2079) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HCL Permanent London