Registered Nurse Outpatients FTC - Mat Cover
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Syon Clinic in Brentford has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Outpatient Department. This is a fixed term post for a period of one year to cover maternity leave.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Nurse
- Current NMC registration
- Diploma/ BSc in Nursing Studies
- Post Registration experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix
- Phlebotomy competency
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (desirable)
- ILS (desirable)
- Cannulation competencies (desirable)
- Minor procedure experience (desirable)
- ECGs, lung function, Audiology, 24 hour ECG tapes/BP monitors (desirable)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and possess a good level of computer skills.
Duties of this role include:
- Assist in the planning of patient care for out patients and the delivery of an efficient nursing service.
- Contribute to quality of improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from senior team members within your scope of practice.
- To lead a shift as the RGN on duty.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.