BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 65 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
- To support the Director of Nursing in the co-ordination and management of Nursing at CCH and to achieve business KPI’s..
- Responsible for the leadership and operational management of ward
- To provide clinical and professional leadership and managerial direction to nursing and non-nursing teams
- To manage ward resources ensuring that the nursing team delivers quality care that meets clinical governance and quality agenda.
- To demonstrate a consistent, high standard of nursing care
- To act as a role model for staff
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ability to meet objectives of last appraisal
- Delivery of a high standard of care – measure by regular audit
- Well motivated multi-disciplinary team
- Nursing costs are in line with corporate requirements
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Organizational skills
- Ability to lead a nursing team through changes in practice and custom
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Work effectively with other team members
- Evidence of professional development within scope of PREP and ongoing education
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Budget management
- A sound practical knowledge of current issues in nursing practice
- Effective problem solving techniques
- Ability to assess individualized patient care and implement, monitor and evaluate
- Computer literacy
RGN Level 1
Valid NMC Registration
DMS equivalent management qualification
ENB998 or equivalent
Further nursing qualification
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.