BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Goring Hall Hospital are recruiting for a Registered Nurse to join their Ward and Day Surgery Unit. This is a permanent post. The post will involve working an internal rotation to nights and weekends. To aid work/ life balance - the department produce a rolling six week rota.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Recognised Nursing qualification.
- Professional/ clinical knowledge acquired through training and development and evidence of CPD.
- Ability to deliver high quality, patient focussed care
- Recent surgical experience
- Coaching skills to assist in the development of junior staff
- Flexibility and a positive approach to change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work under own iniative
Duties of this role include:
- Receiveing information concerning patient’s history, clinical procedures, sensitive issues, and patients with additional support needs, which may require persuasive, empathic, reassurance skills and liaision with senior staff.
- Working within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Assessing, implementing and evaluating clinical care of patients.
- Acting as the patient's advocate at all times.
- Ensuring appropriately skilled and competent staff deliver patient care and records reflect such.
- Risk management in accordance with Group policies
- Supervising and teaching student Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and less experienced staff.
- Encouraging involvement of patients in their own care.
- Undertaking surveys and audits as required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form. We aim to respond to applications within 14 days of the closing date.