This job is no longer available
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the Park Lodge team, an Independent Hospital based in Romiley Cheshire, as Bank Registered Mental Health Nurses. Park Lodge is a 10 bedded independent hospital specialising in the recovery of Service User's suffering from severe and enduring mental health problems.
The successful candidate will have a sound understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a qualified Nurse using the recovery star framework. You will have excellent record keeping, safe medicines management and a good working knowledge of the Mental Health Act. All candidates must be currently registered RMN with a PIN to practice. We are looking to recruit an individual with relevant experience and skills that can be transferred to this type of setting.
Duties will include being responsible for the assessment of risk and care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. You will also be required to carry out all relevant forms of care and take charge of the unit in the absence of the unit manager. You will be required to supervise junior staff and also have a good knowledge of the provisions of the Mental Health Act, particularly those aspects which safe guard the rights of the patients whilst receiving care in the unit.
- Taking charge of a shift and leading a team promoting recovery
- Promoting the best interests of the patients in a wider sense
- Providing information, advice and support to patients, relatives and carers
- Direct, support and develop junior members of the team through supervision, coaching, advice and encouragement
- Promoting best practice within the team
- Taking responsibility for identifying and managing potential risks to patients, staff, visitors and the general public
- Safe administration of medication in line with the NMC and CUK policy
- Working to the legal requirements of the CPA process and the Mental Health Act
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of working with patients with severe and enduring Mental Health problems with a patient centred recovery ethos
- Computer literate
- Acting as a role model for junior staff
Registered Mental Health Nurse with a PIN to practice
An enhanced DBS is required – expense paid by employer