Senior Clinical Team Manager
- Company car or car allowance – Allowance equates to £4,250 per annum
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Immediate private healthcare insurance
- Company life insurance
- Bonus – 15%
- Annual holidays – 25 days plus 8 days bank holidays.
- London Weighting – Additional 20% of annual salary
Job Purpose: To have day to day responsibility for the operational management of the specified NHS Project site, mobilise the operational service to effectively implement all new and existing services and work with the Clinical Team manager to support in the day to day delivery of clinical services to patients in their home or specified clinical location.
- Responsibility for the operational day to day activity for the specified NHS Project site, to include mobilisation of day to day service from ‘go live’ and achievement of Key Performance Indicators
- Seek opportunities to establish new relationships and develop existing relationships within the specified NHS Project sites and to promote the Healthcare at Home Recovery at Home nursing services
- Assist in development of strategy for the specified NHS site and implement new business as required
- Ensure all incidents/complaints/Issues are captured, resolved and reported appropriately
- To provide strong leadership through knowledge and expertise to ensure the delivery of quality clinical services.
- To provide support and direction as needed to the Clinical Team Manager through one to one meetings, appraisals and personal development plans
- Ensure delivery of a safe and effective service across the full range of healthcare provisions offered in your area of responsibility.
- As required undertake appropriate and focused HR Personnel processes alongside the Clinical Team manager, including but not limited to; return to work meetings, appraisals, sickness meetings, investigations and disciplinary meetings.
- Build and retain a patient focused and highly motivated work force through effective management and communication of objectives.
- Maintain & evidence own professional competency and current nursing practices in line with NMC code of conduct and CQC standards at all times.
- To ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements of clinical services are fulfilled and ensure any deviations or breach is addressed immediately.
- To ensure compliance with all business policies and procedures across the clinical division and manage any breach or non-compliance immediately.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by the business
Scale and Scope:
Location: To be based within commutable distance of designated service and team locations. Role requires regular regional travel, some national travel and some overnight stays.
Senior Clinical Team Manager
This document outlines the skills, ability and knowledge required to undertake the role outlined in this document for Healthcare at Home. All applicant and job holders must fulfil the requirement outlined below, and unless otherwise stated should be assumed to be essential - desirable criteria is specifically denoted by ‘(D)’.
Teamwork and team building
Client and customer focus
Skills and Abilities:
- Clinical service delivery experience
- Experience of working within the commercial sector
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to act on own initiative and act decisively as required
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of current healthcare market
- Adult and / or Children safeguarding experience as required in area of responsibility
- Demonstrates experience of quality improvement in a clinical setting
- Clinical management experience of diverse multi-disciplinary teams / community based (D)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Smart and professional appearance
Education and Training:
- Full UK drivers licence (or equivalent)
- Current NMC Register (RGN, RSCN, RMN, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist degree as relevant to clinical team)
- Degree level qualification (D)
- Demonstrates consistent delivery against KPIs
- Experienced team motivator
- Management of teams delivering 24/7 clinical services (D)
Must be able to work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the business including but not limited to weekends, bank holidays, out of hours working.
Healthcare at Home is an equal opportunities employer.