Registered Nurse - Chemotherapy
BMI Healthcare’s Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse - Chemotherapy to join their team of staff within the Nursing Department.
We have 2 part time vacancies available for either 15 or 30 hours per week, which will cover Moday - Friday, 9pm - 5pm with ad hoc flex times around these hours needed. Please state on your application, which number of hours you are interested in.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered with valid NMC Registration, and extensive experience within a Chemotherapy setting
- Good organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong Interpersonal Skills, able to communicate clearly with a range of people across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Care Quality Commission Requirements
Duties of this role include:
- Maintain professional standards in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of charge forms, insurance claim forms, patient record and other documents. Ensure all such forms are stored safely and in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- Help to promote a culture of customer service throughout the nursing department, and identify areas for improvement as appropriate including developing your presentation skills.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with consultants. Work towards provision of support mechanisms for sharing good practice within the clinical setting /department.Work towards maintaining and promoting effective communication both verbally and in writing with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and other wards / departments.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.