Senior Staff Nurse- PBMT
HCL is working with one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it`s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London`s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service. They will also have access to the well priced and high quality food range available within the staff restaurant.
To provide clinical leadership and ensure the provision of high quality nursing care to children and families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide an evidence based high standard of care to patients and their families
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff
- To ensure support and training to junior members of the team
- To keep accurate patient records in conjunction with policies
- To manage allocated resources effectively and efficiently
Skills & Experience
- RGN (Child)
- Post qualification experience
- Oncology Experience
- Central Line Competencies, Antibiotic and blood products competent
- Chemotherapy training and experience, neutropenic patient experience, a mentorship course and an oncology qualification are beneficial
- PILS (Peads Intermediate Life Support)
About the Individual
The successful candidate will need to be a clear and confident communicator in order to deal with complex and international case loads. The individual will also need to be assertive in complaints management from consultants and patients.
HCL Permanent London