This job is no longer available
We are recruiting Clinical Nurse Leaders and Staff Nurses NOW for IV and Infusion Services within an exciting new hospital which is due to open early 2015
The hospital will offer 399 beds which will provide exceptional services for Women and children, and which are unrivalled and unique within the MENA area. You will become part of an elite team of healthcare professionals who will contribute to the research and development of these services, and be part of something truly special
Infusion services will be provided to paediatric and adult patients who require infusion therapy on an outpatient basis. Typical infusions may include but are not limited to: Blood and Blood Product Infusions, IV Hydration, Miscellaneous Infusions (e.g., IGG, antibiotic infusions, pain management infusions, anti-emetics, anti-asthmatics, immunomodulators, thrombolytics), Patient assessment, evaluation, and education.
IV Therapy service will be provided to adult and paediatric patients in in-patient and speciality clinics at the hospital, for any condition requiring these services.
For routine peripheral access, registered nurses who have completed IV competencies will be required to make two attempts before calling the IV Therapy service for IV starts.
IV Therapy Services will Initiate complex peripheral IV catheters, trouble shoot central lines including declotting PICC lines, and insert venous access catheters (VAD’s). May obtain blood for labs at the time of IV start according to procedure and guidelines.
Please send us your CV if you have the following qualifications and experience, we will contact you within 48 hours of receipt if you meet the following criteria
- Registered Nurse (from a training program of at least 3 academic years)
- Current Nursing Licence from country of origin - where available
- At least 2 years nursing experience within the area of Intravenous Therapy
- Clinical nurse leaders additionally require 2 years in a supervisory role (charge nurse or similar)
- Your work experience must be from within a large teaching healthcare environment in North America, UK, Ireland, Western Europe, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- Demonstrated ability to design, coordinate and evaluate plans of care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS)
- Fluency in written and spoken English In return you can
Expect to receive exceptional salary package and a range of other benefits which include
- Free fully furnished accommodation with utilities included
- International health and dental insurance
- Monthly Transport allowance
- Relocation and repatriation flights
- Relocation and repatriation allowance
- Annual return flight for vacation School fees in Qatar for school age children
- End of service bonus - 1 months salary for every year worked
- Generous vacation and public holiday allowance
- Professional development opportunities