Home IV Nurse (Northern Ireland) *Bank also available
• Company car or car allowance – Allowance equates to £4,250 per annum
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Private health cover after 2 years’ service
• Life insurance
• Bonus – 5%
• Annual holidays – 25 days plus 8 days bank holidays.
• As defined by central scheduling, deliver high quality nursing care to patients in your care aligned to both internal and external professional standards
• Provide safe and high quality nursing care as defined in the relevant patient’s Care Plan
• To maintain a high standard of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)to ensure compliance with the Health and Social Care regulations 2010, and adherence to Care Quality Commission (CQC) Standards
• To build and maintain professional relationships with all patients, patient support networks and other stakeholders
• To ensure the accurate and timely recording and reporting of all information regarding patients and customers through the mechanisms specified by the company.
• To provide accurate and comprehensive clinical documentation on real time basis as required by Healthcare at Home.
• To practice effective stock control and ensure equipment and supplies are maintained in good
working order; and identity and report any defects immediately via the defined channels.
• To take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of self and others in your work practice
• Monitor, record and report any symptoms or changes in the patients conditions immediately via the defined channels
• As required take delivery of appropriate drugs and clinical supplies at your home location in order to fulfill your daily work requirements and ensure appropriate checks and documentation are completed.
• Hold a valid and up to date NMC Registration evidenced by Pin Number.
• To maintain and be able to demonstrate and evidence up to date knowledge and evidence of your professional competency and clinical practice and general associated updates in line with NMC Code of Conduct and CQC standards at all times.
• Ensure personal compliance with all regulatory requirements for the clinical services you deliver, and ensure any deviation or breach is addresses / escalated immediately in line with defined protocols.
• Proactively ensure any gaps in your own clinical competency are addressed and met via the appropriate training intervention.
• Ensure compliance with Mandatory Training requirements through attendance of specified programmes
• Remain up to date with and compliant with all business policies and procedures.
• Any other reasonable tasks as required by the business
Scale and Scope:
Mobile worker in vicinity of specified geographical patient locations. Regular regional travel, occasional national travel & over night stays. Availability to cover 7 day working, bank holiday working and on call as required.
This document outlines the skills, ability and knowledge required to undertake the role outlined in this document for Healthcare at Home. All applicant and job holders must fulfil the requirement outlined below, and unless otherwise stated should be assumed to be essential - desirable criteria is specifically listed or denoted by ‘(D)’.
Client and Customer Focus
Process and Quality Excellence
Skills and Abilities:
• Competent in the clinical delivery of sub cut injections
• Administration of IV Therapies.
• To proficiently cannulate without supervision
• Placement of picc lines (D)
• Demonstrated ability to work confidently and decisively
• Satisfy the company requirements of enhanced CRB report
• Phlebotomy skills (D)
• Management of central lines (connections and disconnections) (D)
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• Ability to drive
Education and Training:
• Eg. Both GCSE Maths and English grade C or above (or equivalent)
• NMC Registration & pin number (part 1) or equivalent
• Full UK drivers licence (or equivalent)
• Basic wound care experience
• Blood transfusion experience (D)
• Previous Homecare or Community experience (D)
• Occasional national travel and overnight stays
• Attendance of specified mandatory training
• Availability to perform on call / weekend working / evenings / split shifts / bank holidays as required
Healthcare at Home is an Equal Opportunities Employer