Infection Prevention and Control Lead
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Winterbourne hospital in Dorchester & Harbour hospital in Poole have a vacancy for an Infection, Prevention & Control Lead to join their team of staff within the Nursing Department.
This post is for 30 hours per week, shifts to be confirmed. The post holder will be required to travel between both sites as needed, approximately 15 hours per week at each site.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Motivational skills
- Presentation skills
- Experience in dealing with staff regarding clinical issues
- Ability to manage difficult and complex situations
- Ability to provide or/and support staff in feedback of microbiological results
- Teaching & assessing qualification e.g ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- Registration with NMC (or other profession e.g Operating Department Practitioner)
Duties of this role include:
- To be a core member of the Hospital IPC committee (HIPCC).
- To develop in partnership with the senior person responsible for IPC (Director of Nursing (DoN)) and with approval of the HIPCC, an annual program, that is aligned to the HCAI code (DH 2010) (plus for Scottish and Welsh hospitals: NHS Scotland Code of Practice and National HCAI strategy for hospitals in Wales) and reflects specific objectives of BMI National Infection Prevention and Control annual program.
- Depending on level of competency the role holder will be the key implementer of the Hospital IPC programme.
- Ensuring all staff have appropriate infection prevention and control training using a combination of online and face to face training.
- To implement and maintain a continuous hand hygiene improvement programme.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.