I am currently recruiting for a private hospital in Surrey. Located in Guildford and just 30 minutes (fast train) away from London, my client is looking for an experienced and dedicated Oncology Staff Nurse to work in their state of the art unit, alongside lead oncology specialists! The unit offers medical and surgical care including day case chemotherapy.
With its high-quality treatments and state-of-the-art facilities, supported by the latest technology, this is an amazing role that will best suit an individual that wants to continually learn and develop in their nursing career, with a chance of progressing to a Senior position in a small space of time.
This is a really amazing opportunity for a proactive individual who is committed to providing high quality nursing care.
- To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care
- To work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurse in their absence
- Will be expected to meet multidisciplinary team deadlines
- Provide patients and their families with relevant updates
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy
- There is a strong emphasis on education and continual learning in the hospital, and you will be expected to apply this knowledge to clinical care
- Provide effective on-going evaluation of nursing care and interventions
- Implement changes in care smoothly, consulting patients, carers and MDT
- Recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations
- Manage resources effectively
- NMC registered
- Previous oncology experience
- Must be enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Knowledge of chemotherapy treatment
- Skills in phlebotomy / IV and Chemotherapy is desirable
- Previous exposure to palliative care
- Chemotherapy certificate is desirable
- Continuous training and professional development
- Contributory money purchase pension scheme
- Employee discount (Dental Insurance, Gym Membership, High Street Retailers)
- Private health-care insurance
- Life Insurance
- Childcare vouchers
If this position interests you, please contact Shakira Adegoke at HCL Permanent on 020 7861 8777 (ext. 2079) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will not be available for a long time, so apply now to avoid disappointment!
HCL Permanent London