This job is no longer available
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will provide specialist clinical expertise to the Complex Care Unit ensuring consistently outstanding standards of clinical practice throughout the team and that patient care is of a best practice standard. You will be seen as the subject matter expert, supporting the team through offering advice, support, coaching and development. You will also support the senior nursing team in auditing the department and implementing changes to continuously improve the standards of care, efficiency of department and patient satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times
- Act as a highly visible role model and subject matter expert to the team, providing support and clinical leadership to assist them in their clinical practice
- In association with patients, their carers and the multidisciplinary team assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
- Investigate incidents, feedback and complaints thoroughly, enabling response and improvements to the service provided
- Responsible for initiating, developing and promoting evidence based practice within the clinical area
- Keep up to date with current research and best practice within the clinical specialty area and ensure individual professional competence is maintained
- To commit to undertake further training necessary to perform advanced clinical practice
- Assist with the training, development and coaching of the nursing team, ensuring best practice standards are maintained at all times.
Skills and Experience
- RSCN / RCN with current NMC PIN
- Extensive post registration experience within a relevant clinical speciality
- ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- Responsive and sensitive to patients` physical, psychological, spiritual and cultural requirements
- Strong leadership and team development experience
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Working towards, or completed, a relevant Masters level degree (or equivalent)
The hospital is part of one of the world`s leading providers of private healthcare, and offers a brilliant range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs. These include:
- Private healthcare
- Child support benefits
- Life Assurance
- ... and much more!
For more information or to apply for this job please contact Brian Christie (Recruitment Consultant) at HCL Permanent.
Telephone: 0207 861 8950 (1543)