Staff Nurse, Neurological Rehabilitation
If you are looking to be part of a world renowned private healthcare hospital, in a role that will be ever evolving, offering you a chance to showcase your talent and develop and learn new skills, joining the team in this growing Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit could be right for you.
The Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit has grown from a seven bedded unit to a 60 bed department and, with a number of new beds available from January 2014, the hospital is looking to grow the fantastic team they have to support this. The Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit is a key area of the hospital and one that goes beyond basic care of the patients. The hospital is looking for individuals who are dedicated to providing patients with holistic care, working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure they each have a truly individualised care plan and receive a best in class experience.
As an accolade to their investment in technology, staff training and developments of services, the hospital is now in its third year of CARF accreditation. This hospital invests in the development of their staff through training sessions and courses so you can be sure that you will be encouraged to learn, grow and develop your career.
The post holder will provide high quality nursing by assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Neurological Rehabilitation Department, working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure a holistic care package is provided in a professional and efficient manner. The position will require effective working within the team, supervising junior staff and deputising for senior staff when necessary, as well as independently.
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours on a rotational basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times
- Contribute to high standards of care and development initiatives
- Supervise and direct junior team members and deputizing for senior staff in their absence
- Undertake extended roles such as IV Cannulation and phlebotomy
- Provide patients and their families with information around the care and management of their condition
- Carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
Skills & Experience
- RGN with valid NMC PIN
- Post registration experience, ideally within a Neurological Rehabilitation setting
- Wound care experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Phlebotomy skills are desirable
About the Individual
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and be willing to learn from those around them, whilst contributing towards a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times.
HCL Permanent London