Gastroenterology Nurse Advisor- Full or Part Time
This is a telephone based clinical support role.
We welcome applicants who wish to combine this role with ongoing clinical practice.
- You will be required to demonstrate your knowledge and experience across gastroenterology and you will need to be up to date with the latest research and opinion in this area in order to handle calls with customers and Bupa consultants. You will be supported by Bupa Assistant Medical Directors
- You will be involved in implementing evidence based care pathways for our customers and you will be influential in implementing continual developments and innovative ideas to improve the overall customer journey
- As the clinical specialist within the Gastroenterology team you will be expected to support the non-clinical staff and facilitate training sessions
- You will be an RGN with active PIN/registration
- Related Nursing experience in this field is essential
- Experience of working as an Endoscopy Nurse, IBS Nurse, Nutrition Nurse or Stoma would be advantageous as well as experience of working in private and NHS sectors would be desirable
- Experience or knowledge in either upper and/or lower gastrointestinal tract conditions would also be desirable
- Knowledge of clinical governance and risk management is essential
- Good understand of NICE clinical guidelines and care pathways
What we'll give you
We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme, private medical insurance and annual salary review and help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees). We'll also help keep you in shape with free Bupa health screens and access to our 24 hour health line and give you regular training and coaching to support and develop
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. For more information on our equal opportunities please contact us