This job is no longer available
The Lead Nurse is an influential role and recognised as being critical to the delivery of the Hospital`s Strategy. The Lead Nurse will be a team player who treats all colleagues with equal respect, is inclusive and democratic but also prepared to manage staff to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective services. As a key member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for advancing change in four main areas of impact - quality, patient experience, finance and efficiency, and leadership and skills development.
Key Performance Indicators
- Labour efficiency and profit growth
- Clinical efficiency across all clinical areas within remit
- Patient satisfaction
- Clinical quality indicators (e.g. infection rates)
- CQC reports
- Employee absenteeism and turnover rates
- Succession and development plans in place for key nursing roles
- Teaching/assessing qualification.
- Management qualification.
- Evidence of substantial clinical experience and ability to function at level required of the post
- Experience of successfully managing the implementation of change.
- Evidence of professional leadership, leading to innovation in practice.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experienced in resource management
- Experience in clinical audit and benchmarking.
- Experience of developing, delivering, monitoring and evaluating training programmes with clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Experience in the development of protocols to support best practice.
- Experience in complaints management
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements.
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies, processes and tools including interviewing, performance coaching and conducting performance reviews.
- Good financial awareness and control.
About the Department
16 Bedded ward which provides telemetry for complex cardiac and medical patients. There are an additional 6 telemetry beds on the second floor. Lead Nurse / 2 Sisters / 4 SSN / 20 SN and 3 HCA. The ward provides excellent patient focused care for Acute Medical, Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology patients including cardiac intervention, devices and electrical studies. We also provide care for chronic renal failure and vascular patients.
-We'll help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees).
-Free private medical insurance and subsidised rates for you to cover your immediate family. We also offer you discounts for treatment at the hospital for you and your immediate family if you're not covered by medical insurance.
-Free life assurance of three times your base pay.
-Occupational pension scheme.
-All employees benefit from a specialist online discount website covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and insurance cover.
-Our subsidised gym membership will help you keep in tip top shape! If you would prefer a full-body massage, we offer them free to staff too!
-And to keep you well fed, we have a subsidised staff restaurant and coffee shop lead by expert caterers.