This job is no longer available
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 70 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI's Goring Hall Hospital is recruiting for a Registered Nurse - Oncology to join their highly successful team of Nursing staff based within the Oncology Unit.
- To ensure the services provided are of an exceptional level and in accordance with the moral and ethical direction of Goring Hal Hospital
- To work within the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of Goring Hall Hospital
- To provide clinical leadership and management of patients with problems and issues arising from early diagnosis of their cancer and throughout the various stages of their illness.
- To extend care to encompass the needs of the patient’s family and/or carers.
- To act as an expert resourced to health and social care professionals involved in patient and family care ensuring the provision of effective and high quality of care.
- To participate in the education of staff involved with this care.
- Undertake membership of appropriate groups, taking a lead as required.
- To liaise with ward, consultant, multi-disciplinary team, generally practitioner and existing statutory and voluntary care services in the community.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Registered Nurse
- A positive approach to the process of change is required.
- Professional /clinical knowledge acquired through training and development and evidence of continued professional development
- Demonstrates high quality patient focused care.
- Demonstrates coaching skills to develop junior staff.
For further information, please see the attached role profile.