Deputy Ward Manager
Deputy Ward Manager, Woodlands Hospital - Darlington
At BMI Healthcare, our reputation for the highest-quality care for our patients determines everything about the way we work. So whether you’re a nurse, an accountant or a chef, you’ll play a defining role. We’re the UK’s largest private healthcare company, and host over 1 million outpatient visits a year.
If you’d like to be a part of something exceptional, we now have an opportunity for a Deputy Ward Manager to join us at our Hospital based In Woodlands, Darlington.
- To provide expert clinical leadership and operational management to both inpatient, day case wards and pre-assessment services in order to facilitate the provision of high quality, efficient and effective nursing intervention for patients.
- To provide daily supervision, direction and support to clinical staff on the wards, pre-assessment teams to ensure consistent standards, continuity of care and smooth patient pathway.
- To provide professional leadership to the nursing staff in consulting rooms
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Services, to set and maintain the standard for all activities within the wards to ensure the provision of a safe and positive learning environment for all hospital staff within the area.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the Director of Clinical Services or Executive Director.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years’ senior level experience in an acute hospital setting.
- Evidence of supervisory experience essential.
- Knowledge of the private sector essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of the NMC Code and its application to own performance and that of team members.
- Up-to-date skills and knowledge of HDU, surgical and medical nursing.
- Excellent communication, organisational and leadership skills.
- Evidence of recent clinical audit.
- Evidence of recent clinical update.
- Interviewing and performance review skills.
For a full version of the role profile please see below.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days.