This job is no longer available
BMI Healthcare's the Esperance Hospital, based in Eastbourne, East Sussex is an acute surgical hospital licenced for 38 beds, two operating theatres and Endoscopy Suite along with the usual supporting clinical services. There is a requirement for an Endoscopy Staff Nurse to join their highly respected Endoscopy Department on a part time, permanent basis of 22.5 hours per week. The department has one theatre and a 3 bed recovery area.
As an Endoscopy Staff Nurse, you would be expected to ensure the provision of the highest standards of care and services in keeping with the philosophies of the hospital and department, NMC/HPC Code of Conduct and the hospital policies and protocols.
- To deliver at all times high standards of quality care by assessment, evaluation and implementation of patient needs and guide others in this process.
- To act at all times in accordance with the NMC/HPC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To accept delegate responsibilities from the Theatre Manager, or his/her deputies, as required.
- Ensure that skills and knowledge facilitate a safe clinical environment.
- Ensure accurate records of patient care and progress maintained.
- To formulate, in conjunction with Theatre Manager, procedures and standards and participate in Clinical Audits.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
- To remain updated on Infection Control and COSHH issues.
- Ensure safe handling and maintenance of equipment.
- To participate through mentorship in the orientation and development of junior staff.
- To work effectively with medical staff.
- To ensure compliance with local / Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in relevant professional development to facilitate the effectiveness of the role.
- To assist in the promotion of sound communication channels between other members of staff, patients and visitors.
- Ensure accidents/complaints are fully documented and senior management informed in accordance with Policy.
- To assist in the promotion of harmonious working relationship with the department, Hospital and outside agencies.
- To participate in the appraisal process.
- ENB 998 preferable
- Post registration qualifications in Endoscopy procedures preferable but not essential
- Up to date working skills and knowledge of Endoscopy practises (airway management skills desirable)
- Up to date IV drug administration course.
- Up to date post anaesthetic Recovery room knowledge/experience.
This is a super opportunity to join a busy professional team within the BMI stable of private hospitals. In return, you would be rewarded with a competitive salary and a good range of corporate benefits