Ward & Outpatient Manager with Head of Infection Control
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 70 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s St Edmunds Hospital has a vacancy for a Ward and Outpatient Manager with Head of Infection Control to join their team.
The Ward and Outpatient Manager will undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Ward, Outpatient and Pre-Assessment teams while coordinating the management of these departments.
Duties will include (but not be restricted to):
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of high quality patient care.
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Undertake departmental HR activities.
- Establish, maintain and encourage communication covering complex and challenging topics with various groups.
- Achievement of the departmental budgets and specific Key Performance Indicators.
- Participates in Manager-on-call rota for Hospital.
- Co-ordinate infection control activities with identified link staff and ensure reports are submitted in a timely manner.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC registration and Mentorship course.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department.
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge.
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- A degree of financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
- Recent experience in an acute ward or outpatient setting.
Also desirable is:
- Management qualification.
- Experience of working in the Independent Sector.
- Previous infection control experience.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
With a focus on excellent staff training, support and progression, BMI Healthcare is an excellent company to be a part of to launch/further your career in private healthcare.