This job is no longer available
Exciting Job Opportunities in UK
The following base locations below are currently being considered for expansion. Please email me for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title Clinical Assessor
Registered Nurse – Welfare Assessments
Physiotherapist – Welfare Assessments
Occupational Therapist – Welfare Assessments
Paramedic – Welfare Assessments
Base Location EDINBURGH, DURHAM, COLCHESTER, CHELMSFORD, BLACKBURN, CROYDON, ENFIELD, LUTON, PLYMOUTH, MANCHESTER & WORTHING
Reporting to Contract Manager & Clinical Lead
Accountable to Contract Manager
Hours of work Full Time – 37.5hrs per week – Monday to Friday (in some cases part time hours are available – minimum commitment 3 days per week). There will also be an opportunity to work flexitime at some facilities.
Main Purpose of Role
To undertake Personal Independence Payment medical assessments and examinations required for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team.
To contribute to the contract at a local level, ensuring that targets are met in quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
To undertake face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP. These assessments may be recorded.
Full training is provided including 20 hours of eLearning and a 5 day training course.
Overview of role & main responsibilities:
• To undertake examinations using Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) protocols to support decision making in the assessment of disability and incapacity.
• To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
• To provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
• To be motivated, show commitment and be flexible at all times
Essential requirements of Role
• Registration and continuous professional development should be maintained in accordance with the requirements of Post Registration and Practice (PREP) standards set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
• Ensure that professional practice standards and “best practice” are maintained in all areas of work.
• To work to agreed productivity, quality targets and standards and to respond positively to feedback.
• To undertake recorded assessments where required.
• To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know limitations and ask for support where necessary.
• To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner.
• Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff.
• Have highly developed both oral and written communications skills and be able to negotiate successfully and respond to rapidly changing work environment.
• Be able to apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
• Undertake any ad hoc responsibilities as requested by the Site Manager or Clinical Leader..
Essential skills and experience
• Registered General Nurse, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with a minimum of two years post registration experience. (Must have RGN where applicable)
• Broad based experience and assessment skills. Previous experience of disability assessment and experience of clinical decision making desirable (e.g. A & E, NHS Direct)
• IT literate with experience of using a range of software. To have completed ECDL or equivalent is desirable.
• Ability to travel to a range of locations as the business requires.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of change management and the ability to influence and negotiate successfully with a range of people.
• Evidence of responding to unexpected changes by adopting a flexible approach to work
• Evidence of on-going professional development
• Ability to work to targets and specified standards
• Ability to multi-task demonstrating that you are able to listen, assess and take notes and have the confidence to control an assessment.