Nurse Manager- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
This position will manage 3 Post Anaesthesia Care Units (PACU) totalling 40 beds:
1 x 28 bed Post Anaesthesia Care Unit (PACU) for paediatric and gynaecological patients, and
2 x 6 bed Obstetric PACUs
The 28 bed PACU will provide Phase I recovery for paediatric patients and gynaecological care for women on an urgent/emergent basis. The unit will provide continuous intensive monitoring, observation and care following interventional or operative procedures for which an aesthetic or sedation has been administered. A dedicated paediatric area will promote Sidra’s family-cantered philosophy encouraging parents’ participation in their child’s recovery. Neonates may be recovered in PACU or be transferred to NICU directly from the OR depending on patient acuity, condition and at the discretion of the Anaesthesiologist/Surgeon.
PACU will care for Post procedure Paediatric patients from the following specialties:
- Cardiac Surgery
- Dental/Oral Surgery
- Fetal Surgery
- General Surgery/MIS
- Gynecological Surgery
- Hybrid Surgical Procedures
- Ophthalmology Surgery
- Organ Transplant
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Plastic/Craniofacial/Burns Surgery
- Spinal(Ortho & Neuro) Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
And, Adult women following Gynaecological Surgery (urgent/emergent)
The Obstetrical Anaesthesia Care Units will provide continuous intensive care for women and infants during Phase I recovery following surgical or invasive procedures that take place within the C-section and Neonatal/Fetal Surgery Operating Rooms.
Reporting to the Director of Perioperative Services, the Manager - Post Anaesthesia Care Unit is responsible for the evaluation, direction and administration of patient care delivery and the staff assigned to the PACU and in the pre-operational phase ensures that recruiting, commissioning, on boarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with department and organization goals and objectives.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or a Healthcare related field
- 3 Year Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Registered Nurse
- Current Nursing licensure
- At least 7 years progressive nursing management experience in Post Anesthesia Care within an Academic Medical Center in North America, UK, Ireland, an EU State, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Current certification as a BLS provider
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate, timely reports
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and group presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
• Tax free salary & benefits
A full job description and information about the benefits package will be available upon request.
If you are interested in this position please forward your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of your consultants will be in touch. Or you can call us on- +0044 (0) 2030085210.