This job is no longer available
The Anesthesia care team is committed to providing anesthesia care in the form of general, regional, sedative, analgesic & resuscitative to facilitate surgery, invasive/non-invasive procedures / examinations, acute / chronic pain management, management of problems in cardiac / respiratory resuscitation and critical care.
Pediatric Anesthesia Services will serve all children age 0-18 years who present for outpatient, inpatient and emergency surgeries and procedures, and pediatric trauma surgeries between ages 0 -14. It will be committed to advancing the delivery of pediatric anesthetic care, and the treatment of acute and chronic pain.
Adult Anesthesia Services will serve obstetric and urgent/emergent adult gynecological patients requiring surgical procedures for low complexity emergent gynecological conditions, labor and operative obstetrics, including cerclage, cesarean section, cesarean hysterectomy and any surgery necessary during the course of delivery.
Services will be provided primarily in the Operating Rooms in addition to Pre Admission Testing Clinic, Pain Management Clinics, Emergency Department, Labor and C-Section Suites, procedural areas, Intensive Care Units, and as needed in patient care areas.
Anesthetizing locations throughout the facility 44-49 in total:
- 19 Operating Rooms (Floors 1, 3 & 4); Hospital Building.
- 25-30 Out of Operating Room locations; Hospital and Clinic Buildings.
Reporting to the Director of Perioperative Nursing Services, the Clinical Nurse Manager Anesthetics is responsible for leading and demonstrating the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care on his/her unit/clinic, 24-hours a day. The Clinical Nurse Manager is a key member of the interprofessional team and ensures that standards for nursing care are adhered to at the unit/clinic level. The Clinical Nurse Manager in collaboration with team members is accountable for ensuring that commissioning, recruitment, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Sidra’s plans, policies, and timelines. The Clinical Nurse Manager is responsible for identifying risks in these processes, informing leadership and actively participating in managing timely solutions.
- Registered Nurse (3 year program)
- Masters Degree in Nursing or a health related field, or a Masters in Business Administration, from an accredited Western University
- Seven+ years of progressive management experience in anesthetics/perioperative in an acute hospital setting in a North American Academic Institution, or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU states, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Current Nursing Licence from country of origin
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation of staff
- Demonstrated experience with clinical Information systems, including staffing and scheduling systems, and time and attendance systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
• Tax free salary & benefits
A full job description and information about the benefits package will be available upon request.
If you are interested in this position please forward your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of your consultants will be in touch. Or you can call us on- +0044 (0) 2030085210.