Advanced Nurse Practitioner
We are currently recruiting for Advanced Nurse Practitioners to join our team at the NHS Worcester Out of Hours Service to provide safe and effective telephone advice, health assessment and information to the general public.
The NHS Worcester Out of Hours Service is available from 6.30pm to 8.00am weekdays and 24 hours on weekends and bank holidays.
Care UK are one of the UK's leading independent providers of health and social care services. Within the healthcare division we offer a range of services through our GP surgeries, hospitals, treatment centres, prisons and diagnostic facilities.
Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- To provide safe and effective health assessments and treatment of patients attending Primary Care Centres.
- To deliver face to face and telephone services which will enable patients to obtain health advise from the appropriate health care professional.
- To be accountable for their own practice including the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and discharge or referral of patients, independent of medical intervention, who attend the Primary care Centres.
- To practice as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Practitioner within own sphere of competence and agreed acceptable limits of practice. To assess patients, and order and interpret investigations, diagnose and treat patients who wish to be seen by an Advanced Nurse Practitioner /Nurse Practitioner
- To be responsible for the assessment of care needs the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care, without supervision, and to teach other nursing and non-nursing staff.
- To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team in providing quality, evidence-based health care to meet the immediate needs of the patient.
- To take an active role within the cross-disciplinary, multi-skilled team to ensure service quality in line with corporate goals and strategy, and to assist in the development of new models for service delivery which have a positive impact on the health economy.
- To provide safe and effective health assessments and treatment of patients visited at home
Skills & Experience
- Substantial recent experience in acute / primary care nursing
- Recent experience of face-to-face patient care
- Experience of patient contact services and / or primary care nursing
- Degree level / Postgraduate level ANP qualification
- Evidence of recent study (PREP)
- Recognised Nurse Prescribing Qualification
- Postgraduate, e.g. ENB 998 Teaching /Mentorship course
Full and part time opportunities available.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU