This job is no longer available
Sidra will open in March 2015 with 399 beds. We are recruiting Clinical Nurse Leaders NOW for our 2 Neonatal Intensive Care Units:
Level I + II NICU is a combined unit of 27 cots
NICU Level I: Infants>1800 grams and/or greater than 34 weeks gestation who are hemodynamically and physiologically stable, infants who are convalescing post Neonatal intensive care and are in preparation for discharge home, infants with apnea of prematurity, infants who require tube feedings, infants who require oxygen therapy including nasal cannula/oxyhood of not greater than 40%.
NICU Level II: Infants>1500 grams and/or greater than 32 weeks gestation or who are hemodynamically and physiologically stable but require cardiorespiratory monitoring or close observation – for examples infants who are stable post op, unable to tolerate or take oral feedings, recovering from a serious illness treated in a level III NICU, and/or requiring ventilation or continuous positive airway pressure for short periods of time not exceeding 24 hours. Treatments will include intravenous antibiotic therapy, tube feedings, oxygen therapy including nasal cannula/oxyhood of not greater than 40%, physiologic monitoring, and treatment of apnea of prematurity.
Level III NICU
will be a 27 cot unit for hemodynamically stable infants requiring intensive care, hemodynamically unstable infants requiring multisystem support, and hemodynamically unstable infants requiring complex critical care. Admission criteria will include (but is not limited to) neonates from extremely low birth weight (1000 gms or less and 28 weeks gestation or less) to any term infant up to 28 days of age who has severe and/or complex illnesses requiring advanced therapies and treatment.
Reporting to the Clinical Nurse Manager, the Clinical Nurse Leader is responsible for leading and demonstrating the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care and providing clinical supervision to the nursing team.
The Neonatal Clinical Nurse Leader is a key member of the interprofessional team and ensures that standards for nursing care are adhered to at unit level while working within a shift pattern to cover the 24 hour requirements of the service as applicable.
The Clinical Nurse Leader works collaboratively with the Clinical Nurse Manager to ensure that commissioning, recruitment, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Sidra’s plans and timelines.
The Clinical Nurse Leader will support all activities required to achieve a safe patient opening and establish operational integrity and performance.
Please apply if you have the following qualifications and experience - we want to talk to you!
- Registered Nurse (from a training program of at least 3 academic years)
- Current Nursing Licence from country of origin - where available
- At least 4 years nursing experience, with at least 2 years experience in a supervisory role (charge nurse or similar) in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Above experience must be from an Academic Medical Center in North America, UK, Ireland, Western Europe, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate teams to meet care objectives
- Demonstrated ability to delegate, supervise, and evaluate the performance of nursing interventions
- Demonstrated ability to design, coordinate and evaluate plans of care
- Demonstrated ability to teach, assess and develop educational materials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
If interested in the position please forward your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or CALL US NOW ON +0044 (0) 2030085210