At BMI Healthcare, our reputation for the highest-quality care for our patients determines everything about the way we work. So whether you’re a nurse, an accountant or a chef, you’ll play a defining role. We’re the UK’s largest private healthcare company, and host over 1 million outpatient visits a year. If you’d like to be a part of something exceptional, we now have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join us in Rochdale.
BMI The Highfield Hospital, based in Rochdale, is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
We are looking to recruit an Infection Prevention and Control lead within our Hospital on a part Time, permanent basis, working 15 hours a week.
- To ensure Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is addressed in all areas of the hospital and reflected throughout all activity related to healthcare provision.
- Ensure compliance to CQC requirements (Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) code, DH 2010).
- Assess, plan and evaluate programmes of evidence based nursing care and to provide expert advice and clinical practice.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate programmes of education and training to all grades of staff throughout the Hospital.
- Lead a programme of formal clinical audit and on-going surveillance of alert organisms within the Hospital.
- All Hospital staff including resident medical officers (RMO’s)
- Medical staff and Consultant users
- Group Head of Infection Prevention and Control Department
- Consultant Microbiologist / Infection Prevention and Control Doctor
- Networking with other HIPCL ‘s
Key Performance Indicators:
- Nil bacteremia reports attributable to the Hospital
- Nil Clostridium difficile reports, attributable to the hospital
- Below NHS rate of infection for hip and knee surgery
- Continued improvement in WHO hand hygiene assessment
- Compliance targets achieved in high impact care bundles
- Patient satisfaction in hand hygiene measured and targets achieved
Please view the attached role profile for full details of the requirements of this role.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch soon. The recruiting manager aims to interview for this role on the 12th March 2014.