Staff Nurse Orthopaedics
HCL is working with the largest independent hospital in the United Kingdom. This has given them the opportunity to develop in many specialist areas, including Cardiac Services, Neurosurgery, Liver and HPB Medicine, Acute Neuro Rehabilitation, Gynaecology and Orthopaedics. Our specialist medical teams use the very latest medical technology including the most advanced Da Vinci Robot and state of the art diagnostic imaging equipment. Complimenting this outstanding technology is a close knit team that values both the team ethic here and the career development opportunities available at all levels. They also believe it is very important to the nursing teams that they get to spend valuable one-on-one time with their patients - something wouldn`t be able to do in an NHS hospital of this size. This role is based within our 20 bedded inpatient orthopaedic/surgical ward and is committed to providing both excellent nursing and customer service.
The Staff Nurse`s main responsibility is to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care. They will need to work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurse in their absence, always ensuring that patient care is at a consistently high level. The team has a strong emphasis on continuous education and improvement and work extremely hard to apply this to the clinical setting. We are currently looking for a Staff Nurse for a fixed term contract role to cover Maternity Leave. The role is full time and shifts include 2 evenings per week and alternate weekends and a rotation onto night duty every 4 to 6 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times
- Contribute to high standards of care and development initiatives
- Supervise and direct junior team members and deputizing for senior staff in their absence
- Undertake extended roles such as IV Cannulation and phlebotomy
- Provide patients and their families with information around the care and management of their condition
Skills & Experience
- RGN with current NMC PIN
- Recent post graduate experience in an orthopaedic and/or surgical department is essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
About the Individual
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic attitude and be willing to learn from those around them and contribute to creating a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times.
HCL Permanent London