Bank Registered Mental Health Nurse
We currently have exciting opportunities to join our team as Bank Registered Mental Health Nurse's at our Independent Hospital situated in Moston in north Manchester. Brierley Court is made up of 20 bedrooms and can offer 24 hour expert treatment. Care UK’s service ethos is based around the aspiration that all our service users should be able to lead “Fulfilling Lives”. As an organisation we are committed to putting recovery at the heart of everything we do and to this end have rolled out the use of the Recovery Star across all our services. Brierley Court offers a wide range of interventions, therapeutic programmes, and activities. All of the interventions afforded to patients at our hospital are outcome measureable therefore patient progress through the recovery pathway can be demonstrated and monitored.
- To work in partnership with clinicians and external professionals within the multi disciplinary team and to make a responsible nursing contribution to the operation of the team.
- To have an in depth understanding of Recovery principles and use this knowledge to support the recovery journey of our patients.
- To act as a named nurse to a small number of residents which will involve attending CPA planning meetings and producing accurate, comprehensive and professional reports.
- Provide leadership and support for support staff and act as a champion for patient safety and dignity.
- To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
- Ensure the ongoing safety of patients, through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Ensure that clear and accurate record relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used.
- Act as a role model for excellent clinical and care governance practice.
Skills & Experience
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans
- Experience of working with service users with various mental health needs • Good organisational skills
- Good supervisory skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improvement service delivery and outcomes for residents
- Ability to plan allocate and delegate work appropriately
- NMC Registered Nurse (RMN)
- Evidence of personal and professional development