Bupa Health Clinics (BHC) is one of five Bupa UK businesses. We provide a whole range of products and services to our customers, and are there when they need us most - whatever their stage of life, and whatever health and wellbeing challenges they face. We are the leading provider in the UK of high quality, added value personal and corporate preventive health services and have a wide variety of roles in various locations around the UK. BHC is positioned as a trusted adviser and provider of integrated health care solutions; services include health assessments, occupational health, primary care, dentistry, musculoskeletal medicine aswell as specialist clinical nurse advisory roles. The services are delivered from some fifty sites throughout the UK, as well as from corporate clients' premises. Roles in all areas are always rewarding and you'll be rewarded too, with excellent benefits and career opportunities.
Permanent, Part time
- Contribute to the leadership and expertise in EAP and psychological services
- Responsibility for ensuring an outstanding customer experience, developing a culture that continually improves quality
- Ensure compliance with operational control standards i.e. ISO, Bupa quality standards, clinical governance and legal requirements
- providing leadership to a team of counsellors, mentoring, conducting performance reviews, 1-1's, return to work interviews, capability / disciplinary meetings and team meetings
- key customer liaison functions, including sales and tendering, ensuring effective delivery for our clients
- to build relationships and liaise regularly with senior and operational managers across all areas of Bupa
- management of customer pathways, delivering the most appropriate clinical outcomes at the best cost for the customer
- ensure high levels of customer satisfaction within psychological services, in line business unit, service development and corporate requirements
- Provide operational delivery as and when required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and qualified by experience, recognised by BACP
- Proven track record of experience as a Clinical psychologist in a similar setting
- Up to date with own clinical practice and demonstrates an ability to maintain clinical competence
- Ability to evaluate, plan and prioritise workload within demanding time scales
- Proven experience of customer service and liaison
- Excellent application of clinical knowledge
- Experience of managing complex multifunctional service delivery operations
- Excellent leadership, management skills and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-sufficient
What we'll give you
We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme, private medical insurance and annual salary review and help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees). We'll also help keep you in shape with free Bupa health screens and access to our 24 hour health line and give you regular training and coaching to support and develop you. Free onsite gym and subsidised staff restaurant.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. For more information on our equal opportunities please contact us.