BMI The Harbour Hospital in Poole, Dorset is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
BMI The Harbour Hospital has 37 beds with all rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, broadband, TV and telephone. The hospital has three theatres, including an endoscopy suite and high dependency rooms and 24 hour inpatient doctor cover.
We now have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to work in the Theatre on a full time, permanent basis of 37.5 hours per week.
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
Full details of the duties involved, can be viewed on the role profile but will include:
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
To be successful you will need to be a Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration with relevant hospital experience.
At interview, the Line Manager will be looking for good interpersonal and communication skills; confidence in dealing with people and a proven track record in handling issues and material of a confidential nature.
With a focus on excellent staff training, support and progression, BMI Healthcare is an excellent company to be a part of to launch/further your career in private healthcare.