This job is no longer available
At BMI Healthcare, our reputation for the highest-quality care for our patients determines everything about the way we work. So whether you’re a nurse, an accountant or a chef, you’ll play a defining role. We’re the UK’s largest private healthcare company, and host over 1 million outpatient visits a year. If you’d like to be a part of something exceptional, we now have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join us in Rochdale.
BMI The Alexandra Hospital, based in Cheadle, is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
We are looking to recruit a Registered Nurse (Health Screening) with substantial post registration experience to join our Inpatient Ward staff on a Part Time basis working 15 hours per week. There are also other opportunities for Registered Nurses to join the Nursing team so if you are interested then please apply.
Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Perform comprehensive assessment of patient nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate care delivery as determined by care plans.
- Ensure care plans are regularly updated using evidence-based practice.
- Ensure that all patient information and treatment is accurately documented in their records.
- Comply with all agreed nursing and organisational policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ensure the safe custody and administration of drugs according to the controlled drug policy.
- Support colleagues and management to ensure communication with all users of the service is of a high standard.
- Address highly sensitive and complex care issues with patients and carers who may have physical/psychological/social/cultural barriers to communication.
- Ensure all adverse occurrences are reported and you are familiar with the correct process for carrying this out.
Please view the attached role profile for full details of the requirements of this role.
You are required to be registered with the NMC.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch soon.