Senior Staff Nurse - Neurological Rehabilitation
About Facility and Benefits
I am currently looking for an experienced Neurological Rehabilitation Senior Staff Nurse. This hospital is situated in a lovely borough of London near The Regent`s Park. My client is looking for a dedicated nurse to work in their Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit, who will provide first class nursing care to patients.
The hospital is one of the largest private hospitals in the UK and is internationally recognised. It has a 10 bedded acute rehabilitation / assessment ward and working here will further develop your current skills.
Sounds good doesn`t it? Why not apply now, I will give you a call and talk in more detail about this amazing opportunity!!!
The Senior Staff Nurse will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the unit. The role will require effectively working within the team, supervising, coaching and developing junior staff and deputising for the Senior Nursing team when necessary, as well as being confident working independently. The successful candidate will promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, demonstrating best practice at all times
- Supervise and direct junior team members, deputizing for senior staff in their absence
- Drive high standards of care, assisting with promoting development initiatives and assisting with coaching and development of the team
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy
- Promote a learning environment at all times
Skills & Experience
- RGN with valid NMC PIN
- Mentorship & preceptorship experience, and a desire to work towards an ENB 998 certificate
- Strong registration experience within a Neurological Rehabilitation setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Phlebotomy skills are desirable
About the Individual
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and be willing to learn from those around them, whilst contributing towards a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times.
HCL Permanent London