Biologics Patient Support Nurse - Sheffield/Barnsley
With around 1,000 employees caring for more than 150,000 patients a year, we are one of the UK's largest providers of home healthcare services. Our experience and scale means we can offer services across a wide range of conditions. We also provide supporting services in the wider community and on site for the NHS. Offering valuable training, dynamic opportunities and a friendly, supportive environment, Healthcare at Home is an exciting place to take your career to another level.
The Biologics Patient Support Nurse will be required to contribute to the growth and success of the Company, by assisting in the development of a high quality management home care service. You will be required to cover Sheffield/Barnsley.
The Biologics Service is an enhanced homecare service, developed in partnership with specific referring hospital units, patients and the homecare nurse delivering enhanced levels of care to patients. It enables the homecare nurse to provide additional support to patients who have been diagnosed with an inflammatory condition and who are treated with disease modifying biologic treatments including Enbrel. This service does not replace the care and support of a hospital referral team; it is designed to support, supplement and enhance the homecare service in line with the care from the referring hospital team ensuring the patient receives high levels of quality care underpinned by national guidance. This is a national innovative service and aims to deliver excellence at all levels..
• Company car or car allowance – Allowance equates to £4,250 per annum
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Private health cover after 2 years’ service
• Life insurance
• Bonus – 5%
• Annual holidays – 25 days plus 8 days bank holidays.
- Participating in setting and maintaining standards of professional competence and current nursing practices. This will require and understanding of NMC Code of Practice.
- Ensuring that all relevant information regarding patients/ clients recorded, reported and, where necessary, acted upon to communicate any changes to the Consultant/GP and other team members as appropriate.
- Co-ordinating and ensuring that all aspects of care for assigned groups of clients are met, through the monitoring of follow up client visits, according to the care plan.
- Participating in quality assurance initiatives, including team clinical supervision, audit, education and training.
- Maintaining supplies (stock control) and ensuring equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Co-ordinating and managing his/her daily workload.
- Devising a plan of care suitable to client’s need.
- Assisting with the planning of programmes of education – both induction programmes and national study days.
- Attending and contributing to appropriate conferences, tutorials, study and induction days.
- Maintaining own professional profile in relation to PREP and attending post – basic courses/study days as agreed with Healthcare at Home to fulfil NMC requirements.
- Assisting the Clinical Team Manager with the induction of newly appointed staff, mentoring and participating in educational and training days.
- Performing client/carer training in self – management of specified treatments
- Assisting in the development and marketing of specified Patient Support Programmes
- Having responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of self and others and complying at all times with requirements of Health and Safety regulations.
- Working as part of the Healthcare at Home team and promoting Healthcare at Home at all times.
- Undertaking duties as required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
- Being flexible with regard to working hours including cover for colleagues (and in the future on-call coverage and scheduled weekend and evening work).
- A current clean driving licence is essential.
- Along side Health Care Professionals (HCP) facilitate clinical delivery and assessment of patients to ensure maximum patient benefit
- Ongoing patient support to ensure maximum therapeutic patient benefit
- Provide support to patients through the combination of support programmes to include telephone, clinic-based and home visits
- Delivery of patient education and support
- Enhance patient treatment adherence to achieve optimum disease management
- Improve patient experience on treatment
- Improving health outcomes
- Deliver independent support programmes to a high professional standard within secondary care
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with the patient, the client and NHS Health Care Professionals
- RGN part 1 NMC Register (RSCN where appropriate).
- Experience in an acute or chronic disease care setting/relevant ENB post registration.
- ENB 998 of C&G 730 and/or teaching experience.
- Cannulation / phlebotomy and clinical skills desirable
- Experience in the care of subcutaneous devices and administration subcutaneous treatments
Healthcare at Home is an Equal Opportunities Employer