Staff Nurse, Oncology
HCL is working with one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it`s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
Purpose of the Role
This opportunity has become available due to an increase in the number of ward beds at the hospital, so it`s a fantastic time to join a growing, successful team. The post holder will be responsible for outstanding patient care from assessment through to evaluations, always working with the wider multi-disciplinary team to constantly improve care standards.
This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week, with shifts including days, nights, weekend and public holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently assess, plan, deliver and evaluate patient care
- Provide effective on-going evaluation of nursing care and interventions
- Implement changes in care smoothly, consulting patients, carers and the multi-disciplinary team
- Recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations
- Record, monitor and interpret patient vital signs, reporting to the nurse in charge
- Accurately monitor and document nursing outcomes
Skills & Experience
- RGN, NMC registered with PIN
- Previous haematology/oncology experience
- Knowledge of chemotherapy treatment regimes
- Skills in phlebotomy/IV and Chemotherapy would be desirable
- Previous exposure to palliative care would be advantageous
- Chemotherapy certificate would also be desirable
About the Individual
The successful candidate will be able to prioritise workload effectively and be able to work under pressure. They will be both professional and personable, with a passion for customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. The team in T15 are very close knit and have created a strong support network across the whole team. With this in mind being a true team player will be very important.
HCL Permanent London