Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
The Cambian Group, the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, is looking for a dedicated, motivated and caring individual to join the company as a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN).
Cambian Oaks is a newly-refurbished, 36-bed hospital specialising in psychiatric rehabilitation for men. It consists of Oak House and Oak Lodge, which provide state-of-the-art facilities and a multi-disciplinary treatment programme designed to assist patients with their return to independent living.
The multi-disciplinary team at Cambian Oaks is made up of medical, psychology, nursing and occupational therapy staff. These staff members work in partnership with the patient and with individual community teams to ensure that treatment programmes match the patient’s needs and expectations and the requirements of future community placement.
• To assist in providing high quality care and a safe and therapeutic environment.
• To take charge on a regular basis and to assist in the supervision and development of junior staff, Nurses, Support Workers and students.
• To support the development of evidence based practice.
• Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programmes of care- with a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Programme Approach are met in a timely manner.
• Report and ill health amongst patients and make requests for RC/GP/professional visits where necessary.
• Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with Cambian Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
The ideal candidate will be fully conversant with the Mental Health Act 1983, understand the latest nursing practices, have knowledge of PSI and will also have some experience in a forensic or secure environment.
The successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the service users and young people within our care. All candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS and reference checks.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV to email@example.com.
If you wish to speak with someone regarding this position, please contact Ruth Priestley on 01226 729 740, or email Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21st February 2014
Please note that this vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.