This job is no longer available
Senior Staff Nurse- Surgical HCL are working with a prestigious hospital located in the heart of London`s esteemed medical district. The hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialties. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 120 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients.
The eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery, a hybrid theatre to enable complex vascular surgery, a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
The department is a surgical floor which specialties include gastroenterology (surgical and medical), urology (surgical and medical) gynaecology, colorectal and hepatobiliary. Job Description The Senior Staff Nurse within the surgical dept main purpose of this role will be to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care.
The Senior Staff Nurse will work within the day surgery team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Sister in their absence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently assess patient care requirements and agree with the patient the level of nursing care required involving the main carer where appropriate.
- Deliver nursing care and initiate change or decide upon new and complex care with appropriate supervision and acts as the patient advocate.
- Implement changes in care smoothly in consultation with patients / family / next of kin and care team.
- Work with HCA/students delegating and supervising care as appropriate. - Evaluate nursing outcomes based on assessment and analysis of nursing interventions.
- Provide effective on-going evaluation of nursing care and interventions.
- Recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations.
- Recognise deterioration in patients` condition at an early stage, including neutropenic patients. Skills & Experience - Registered Nurse Level 1.
- Good level of Experience - NMC Registration and PREP requirements - Experience relevant to specialist area
- Phlebotomy/ IV competency
- Experience of Bladder irrigation, TPN, catheterization (male/female) venepuncture, cannulation, stoma care, NG tube placement, VAC dressing (ideal not requirement)