This job is no longer available
We are seeking a Staff Nurse with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, ideally in oncology or palliative care.
Deadline for applications: 21st February 2014
North Devon Hospice is a local charity providing specialist care and support to those with a life-threatening illness and to their loved ones, completely free of charge.
You will provide first level registered nursing skills as an accountable member of the multidisciplinary team delivering evidence based care. The post holder is expected to carry out all relevant forms of care and procedures, for which they are competent to practice, without direct supervision and to supervise and provide leadership to junior staff, volunteers and all manner of learners as appropriate.
We offer a competitive package including a generous leave entitlement, pension, life assurance, sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme and very attractive family-friendly policies
£21,551 - £27,626 per annum depending on experience
Patients are at the heart of everything we do. The quality of their personal and medical experience is of key importance to us. Our mission is to promote the relief of symptoms amongst people with life-limiting illnesses. We do this through:
- Specialist palliative care for patients with an advanced, progressive illness and the adults and children who are close to the patient
- Personal care to patients at the end-of-life and support to their families at home and in other settings
- Supportive care to patients who have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness and the adults and children who are close to the patient
- Advice, support and education provision to patients, families, communities, organisations, and healthcare professionals who are responding to life-limiting illness, death and loss
We believe in
- Being there for all the family
- Recognising and treating each person as an individual
- The caring support that is provided
- The sense of safety that closeness to the hospice brings
- The expertise of our professional staff
We believe in being there for all the family
Please apply via application form by 21srt February and download an application pack from our website www.northdevonhospice.org.uk
Please contact Will Vandersteen in the HR team on 01271 247242 if you have any questions.