This job is no longer available
Job Title / Theatre Practitioner - ODP
Reports To Theatre Co-ordinator
To provide exemplary planned care for patients requiring perioperative intervention supporting the management and organisation of care provision in the operating theatre, taking on the roles of a surgical practitioner, dual role and advanced surgical practitioner.
To assist the perioperative managers to deliver effective patient care by providing appropriate clinical support assisting the theatre manager to effectively maximise theatre utilisation.
1. Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs.
2. Develop practice in addressing individual’s health and well being needs.
3. Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
4. Develop knowledge and practice in an area of work.
5. Develops a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
6. Develop and improve services.
7. Improve quality through the provision of safe and competent assistance with surgical procedures and a high standard of theatre practice is achieved
8. Support and enable equality, diversity and rights.
9. Plan, monitor and quality assure the application of technology for measurement, monitoring and treatment.
10. Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
E = Essential D = Desirable
Qualifications and Training
E Operating Departmental Practitioner
E Advanced scrub practitioner qualification in perioperative practice or corporate competencies.
D A variety of expertise in a number of surgical specialisms
E Working as an advanced perioperative practitioner in and across surgical teams
E Critically applying the knowledge and skills gained through qualification or experience in advanced surgical practice.
E Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied surgical procedures
E Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice
E Share evidence based practices with colleagues to enhance service and standards
D Support the commercial development of the specialism locally
D Experience of working in partnership with consultants and participating in creating innovative solution for new services
Knowledge and Technical Ability
E Competence across a range of perioperative skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge
E Possess the mandatory training requirements for role including infection control and health and safety competencies.
E Possess Equipment and Medical Devices Competences
E Trained on MS Office and other relevant packages
E Demonstrate principles of accountable practice
E Teaching skills and Professional assessment skills
E Keeps abreast of developments in own specialisms
E Business Development skills e.g. creation of business cases
E Provide lead expertise in clinical specialism
E English language to IELTS 7.0
E Root cause analysis
D Evidence of substantial post registration continual professional development in
management and clinically related and relevant subjects.
D Auditing skills across clinical standards and departments.
E Caring for others
E Team working
E Flexible and adaptable
E Initiative and ownership
E Pride and enthusiasm
E HPC registration and regulation
E Willing to participate in flexible working pattern
E Empathy for vulnerable and sick patients
E Empathy for principles and importance of EO and dignity at work
E Flexible work processes
E Willing to participate in on call duties
E Lives within 45 minutes travelling of hospital
For a full Job description please call Carly Dack on 07880 642 046.